I am a diverse technologist particularly good at developing user facing, network enabled, software. Creating beautiful solutions for tough problems through data and science is my passion. Always cognizant of bigger pictures and cross-functional in a wide variety of roles; job satisfaction for me comes from pulling people and technology together in ways that just click.
I'm also a front lines, gets hands dirty, engineering team manager and trainer. I've grown to genuinely enjoy working with stakeholders with all types of perspectives. Clear dialog and systems thinking are my methods of choice for building teams and getting everyone involved in making an application successful.
- Full-stack development at scale
- Architecture and planning
- User experience design
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Code review and repository management
- Agile project management
- Engineer, project manager, and designer training
- Offshore team management
Spatial and Science
- 2D/3D/4D geospatial data visualization
- Geospatial analytics
- Meteorological datasets and parameters
- Data acquisition and processing pipelines
- Containerized application orchestration
- Cloud computing
- Application and operational security
- Technical support
- Discovery and framing
- RESTful web services
- Domain driven design
- Serverless architecture
- Distributed computing
- Repository management
- Iterative development
- Scrum master
- Release management
- Build and deployment pipelines
- Atlassian Suite
- Swift (macOS)
- Zend Framework
Infrastructure and Systems
- Amazon Web Services
- Enterprise Linux
Databases and Caches
- Wide column stores
Design and Frontend
- Responsive design
- Accessibility analysis
Graphics and Media
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Flash
Drafting and Mechanical
- Parametric modeling
- Autodesk Inventor
December 2014 - October 2018
- Continue the development of cutting edge weather and geographic information systems.
- Incorporate feedback from a large number of stakeholders into development cycles.
- Plan development efforts micro to macro scale.
- Train and mentor engineers, project managers, business analysts.
- Manage offshore engineering contributions.
- Created a compelling, profitable, SaaS software platform for asset portfolio peril monitoring.
- Spearheaded the creation of a sustainable development team on which the sun never sets.
- Web Dev Technologies, Amazon Web Services, PostgreSQL
Senior Software Engineer
at Weather Fusion
April 2014 - December 2014
- Design and develop interactive mapping tools for exploring the impacts of weather phenomena.
- Lead engineers and business stakeholders through agile development processes.
- Design an implement system architectures for weather analytics.
- Prototype/MVP of Reactor in less than six months received wide acclaim.
- Implemented advanced tools for issue tracking, knowledge management, continuous integration and source code management.
at Consumer Affairs
December 2013 - April 2014
- Build tools to help businesses leverage consumer feedback left at ConsumerAffairs.com.
- Developed an especially complex Facebook app integration.
at Littlefield Brand Development
June 2012 - November 2013
- Work with designers and account executives to plan development initiatives.
- Build dynamic, responsive websites with intuitive.
- Maintain web hosting and other development related services.
- Train fellow developers in the ways of Drupal and the latest standards.
- Custom Drupal profile for quickly getting environments ready for development.
- Introduced several workflows that greatly increased productivity.
November 2011 - June 2012
- Build server applications to support online games.
- Backend and front-end development to integrate games into the QuiBids website.
- Statistical analysis of game payouts and player experience.
- Built the server side for four online games.
- Introduced fork-pull workflow for managing game code in GitHub Enterprise.
Lead Web Developer
at Old Hat Creative
June 2010 - November 2011
- Develop sports marketing sites of all different specifications.
- Help designers, salespeople, and other developers with all things technical.
- Created a customized Drupal distribution with administration theme and proprietary modules for getting sites setup quickly.
- Setup Redmine project management system with tight version control integration.
April 2009 - February 2010
- Create Smarty (PHP templates) modules for the platform frontend.
- CSS styling to client specifications.
- Responsible for slicing and dicing web design layouts.
- Wiki with extensive documentation and training for the platform.
- Built an online code editor for working with Smarty templates.
at Hetronic International
September 2008 - April 2009
- Improve web apps for service technicians.
- Design and develop a new company website.
- New Drupal powered website with localization and internationalization support.
February 2008 - August 2008
- Design and implement front features for a health care management suite.
- Develop marketing and commerce sites powered by Drupal.
- Comprehensive build workflow for the Coldfusion powered front-end application.
- Installed and setup Dell SAN system.
at Midwest Trophy Manufacturing
March 2007 - February 2008
- Create 3D models from concept illustrations
- Make product specifications and optimize projects for production
- Wiki filled with documentation for materials and production processes.
- Vault with hundreds of pre-modeled component parts and assemblies.
- Inventor, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Confluence
University of Oklahoma
2005 - 2006
Rose State College
Midwest City, OK
Visual Basic and C++
Gordon Cooper Technology Center
E-Commerce & Web Programming
McLoud High School