I am a software architect and engineer with experience in a wide array of industries and environments. First and foremost I pride myself building technically excellent software, systems, and development teams. I see technical efficiency and stability as the foundations on which effective communication and high productivity are based.
Balancing flexibility and adaptability with constraints and obligations is an especially practiced routine. Managers can depend on me to provide actionable information, intuitive solutions, and quality work in tough situations. Bringing me to my greatest strengths, preparedness and thoughtful responses when it's tested.
As a development team leader and mentor I'm lauded for strict code reviews and standards, best practice knowledge, and an uncanny ability to make problems disappear by re-evaluating logic. Every day I get to help colleagues discover the spark that leads them to success, whether it's related to the task at hand, their career, or both; is a great day.
- Open Source Adoption
- Enterprise Architecture
- Solution Architecture
- Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Full-Stack Development
- SaaS Applications
- Business Intelligence Apps
- API Mashing
Geospatial Data Science
- Multi-Dimensional Data Visualization
- Raster and Vector Data Wrangling
- Spatial-Temporal Analytics
- Source Code Management
- Code Reviews
- Agile Project Management
- Training and Mentoring
- System Architecture
- Cost Control and Monitoring
- Security Policy Design and Implementation
- High Availability Configuration
- UI Design and Prototyping
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Data Driven Enhancement
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Google Maps
- Discovery and Framing
- Relational Database Modeling
- REST API Design
- Platform Design
- Roadmap Planning
- Time and Cost Estimation
- Iterative Development
- Scrum Master
- Release Engineering
- Atlassian Suite
- Google Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
Web Design and Markup
- Eye-Candy Production
- Responsive Layouts
- Accessibility Analysis
- i18n and L10n
Graphics and Media
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
Data Software Engineer at Aurora Insight
November 2020 - January 2022
- Designed, developed, and deployed full-stack solution for planning satellite data collection.
- Created APIs and UIs for exploring the RF environment.
- Researched data storage and processing frameworks. Namely, the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Realized streamlined cloud deployments with Terraform.
- Introduced the team to Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) for organizing agile development.
Software Architect at Canopy Weather
July 2019 - April 2020
- Operationalized model for determining hail size from radar data.
- Refactored Bash+Python science codebase into object-oriented Python application.
- Handled radar and model data acquisition and wrangling.
- Created hail analytics web services.
- Deployed Tyk API gateway.
- Tools: Python, Flask, Google Cloud
Software Architect at CoreLogic
December 2014 - October 2018
- Continue the development of cutting edge weather and geographic information systems.
- Incorporate feedback from a large number of stakeholders into development cycles.
- Plan development efforts micro to macro scale.
- Train and mentor engineers, project managers, business analysts.
- Manage offshore engineering contributions.
- Created a compelling, profitable, SaaS software platform for asset portfolio peril monitoring.
- Spearheaded the creation of a sustainable development team on which the sun never sets.
Senior Software Engineer at Weather Fusion
April 2014 - December 2014
- Design and develop interactive mapping tools for exploring the impacts of weather phenomena.
- Lead engineers and business stakeholders through agile development processes.
- Design an implement system architectures for weather analytics.
- Prototype/MVP of Reactor in less than six months received wide acclaim.
- Implemented advanced tools for issue tracking, knowledge management, continuous integration and source code management.
Software Engineer at Consumer Affairs
December 2013 - April 2014
- Build tools to help businesses leverage consumer feedback left at ConsumerAffairs.com.
- Developed an especially complex Facebook app integration.
Developer at Littlefield Agency
June 2012 - November 2013
- Work with designers and account executives to plan development initiatives.
- Build dynamic, responsive websites with intuitive.
- Maintain web hosting and other development related services.
- Train fellow developers in the ways of Drupal and the latest standards.
- Custom Drupal profile for quickly getting environments ready for development.
- Introduced several workflows that greatly increased productivity.
Application Developer at QuiBids
November 2011 - June 2012
- Build server applications to support online games.
- Backend and front-end development to integrate games into the QuiBids website.
- Statistical analysis of game payouts and player experience.
- Built the server side for four online games.
- Introduced fork-pull workflow for managing game code in GitHub Enterprise.
Lead Web Developer at Old Hat Creative
June 2010 - November 2011
- Develop sports marketing sites of all different specifications.
- Help designers, salespeople, and other developers with all things technical.
- Created a customized Drupal distribution with administration theme and proprietary modules for getting sites setup quickly.
- Setup Redmine project management system with tight version control integration.
Web Architect at ONEsite
April 2009 - February 2010
- Create Smarty (PHP templates) modules for the platform frontend.
- CSS styling to client specifications.
- Responsible for slicing and dicing web design layouts.
- Wiki with extensive documentation and training for the platform.
- Built an online code editor for working with Smarty templates.
Web Developer at Hetronic International
September 2008 - April 2009
- Improve web apps for service technicians.
- Design and develop a new company website.
- New Drupal powered website with localization and internationalization support.
Experience Developer at Net.Orange
February 2008 - August 2008
- Design and implement front features for a health care management suite.
- Develop marketing and commerce sites powered by Drupal.
- Comprehensive build workflow for the Coldfusion powered front-end application.
- Installed and setup Dell SAN system.
Design Engineer at Midwest Trophy Manufacturing
March 2007 - February 2008
- Create 3D models from concept illustrations
- Make product specifications and optimize projects for production
- Wiki filled with documentation for materials and production processes.
- Vault with hundreds of pre-modeled component parts and assemblies.
- Tools: Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Confluence
University of Oklahoma
2005 - 2006
Rose State College
Midwest City, OK
Visual Basic and C++
Gordon Cooper Tech Center
E-Commerce & Web Programming
McLoud High School